Touch screen

retired mechanic74

Has anyone had or having this problem and know the fix? On the touch screen on my 89 It has 5 lines going from top to bottom each line giving information. The forth line down turns to blurring and is hard to read. Doesn't do it all the time and there are times that it does this and then will go back to normal. It does this no matter what screen I bring up. I've checked all the connections pertaining to this and found no problem.

Your CRT is going bad. There is a guy named Eddie that used to work for Delco and rebuilds them. He can be found on Ebay. His charge is less then $200.00

Your CRT is going bad. There is a guy named Eddie that used to work for Delco and rebuilds them. He can be found on Ebay. His charge is less then $200.00

....Thanks DAVE89 I really was hoping that I wouldn't get that answer. I had a feeling that was the problem but didn't want to admit it. I would rather be in denial.  :huh:

Eddie Voland, Westminster MD repairs CRT's. His base charge is currently $150.00 plus shipping as of 3/5/15 (no paypal). Phone: 443-536-9591

Eddie Voland, Westminster MD repairs CRT's. His base charge is currently $150.00 plus shipping as of 3/5/15 (no paypal). Phone: 443-536-9591

...Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if I will fix it, or not.