Original accumulator ball was leaking fluid from top hex nut

ski.dive

I recently replaced the original ball accumulator.

I set it upside down on my counter for a couple of days and I noticed a slight leak coming from the hex nut area on top of the ball.

Question;

Could this small fluid leak on top of the accumulator ball, caused the RED BRAKE light to come on once in a while?

I recently replaced the original ball accumulator.

I set it upside down on my counter for a couple of days and I noticed a slight leak coming from the hex nut area on top of the ball.

Question;

Could this small fluid leak on top of the accumulator ball, caused the RED BRAKE light to come on once in a while?

....If you had to keep adding brake fluid it could, otherwise I don't think so. The light is tied into the out going pressure side of the system to alert you of low pressure. One thing comes to mind, I'm not positive but I think that light is also tied into the emergency brake system?? You may want to check that the foot pedal comes all the way back to break the continuity of the grounding switch.

Something  you guys might already know is that a ball that has a ruptured bladder inside it will have lots of fluid in it when you take it off unless it has been sitting for a long time.  When you remove an accumulator with pre-charge pressure in it the ball won't leak much fluid when you remove it. The reason is because a ball that doesn't have a ruptured bladder pushes the fluid out when you pump the brake pedal 25 times. Otherwise, if the badder is ruptured there isn't any pre-charge gas inside to push all the fluid out and it will retain fluid inside it for a longer time. Hope this makes sense.