E3 Spark Plugs... Anyone ever used them?

Dfk88

Pretty soon I'm going to attempt to give my reatta a tuneup myself, in doing that I plan to change the spark plugs, oil change, oil filter, air filter, coolant flush, and thermostat. While looking for spark plugs I came across these and decided id maybe give them a go so I was wondering if anyone here has used them or are knowledgeable about them and really any other advice would be appreciated too haha

I haven't tried the E3s. They seem to have good reviews.  Most of the fixed gap plugs have a wider gap than a standard plugs. If that is true with this plug it might put more of a load on the stock Magnavox ignition system. The Magnavox ignition control module tends to run hot anyway, resulting in the potting material melting as can be seen in the photo below. I'm not saying the E3 plugs would cause that to happen. I'm just saying I would be careful about adding high performance spark plugs to a marginal ignition system. If you are willing to spend extra money when you tune up your car I think the money would be better spent upgrading to the Delco ignition system.

ICM-magnavox-4.jpg.898c765fdf17034a1ddb04cf5185299d.jpg

....For what it would be worth...I myself would agree with Ronnie. And if your ign. system is good It might be wise to use the plugs It calls for.

Both of you guys are a huge help, I basically have no idea what I'm doing for the most part I just want to have a healthy reatta that is a fuel efficient as I can get it, I don't know much about the car history because the previous owners bought it at an auction and sold it quickly so I'm thinking about car faxing it but I just figured it could use a nice tuneup like that, I just don't know what the best items to replace are

Both of you guys are a huge help, I basically have no idea what I'm doing for the most part I just want to have a healthy reatta that is a fuel efficient as I can get it, I don't know much about the car history because the previous owners bought it at an auction and sold it quickly so I'm thinking about car faxing it but I just figured it could use a nice tuneup like that, I just don't know what the best items to replace are

The best thing I can think of is......when in doubt, stay stock.