Anyone recognize this cable?

Ronnie

I had the center section of carpet out of my trunk to air up the spare and I discovered this cable peeking out from the carpet on the passenger side.  I traced it toward the front of the trunk and disappears out of sight on toward the front of the car. I assume it was for some accessory, probably aftermarket, but I just wonder where it goes and what it did.

SAM_3862.thumb.JPG.f0a832cd33baf069a3eb9bc024c7d726.JPG

SAM_3863.thumb.JPG.f6313085316e9846c96f75038ffa90e8.JPG

I had the center section of carpet out of my trunk to air up the spare and I discovered this cable peeking out from the carpet on the passenger side.  I traced it toward the front of the trunk and disappears out of sight on toward the front of the car. I assume it was for some accessory, probably aftermarket, but I just wonder where it goes and what it did.

Looks to be for an old car cell phone.

Looks to be for an old car cell phone.

.....My Reatta came with a Factory phone set up which had been removed and that looks like the cable that was left behind.   Do you have a short antenna that is attached to the top of your rear window?? If so I would think that is what it was used for.

It probably was for a phone but I don't see any sign that there was ever a small antenna attached to the window.

It probably was for a phone but I don't see any sign that there was ever a small antenna attached to the window.

....It could of also been for a CB unit. In ether case it is not part of the normal.