Next project

AZ Ron

I viewed a couple of You Tube videos on how to rebuild injectors on the 3800 V6.

I bought this set on eBay for $17+ change.  This will replace the filter screen and the O rings.

Car is running great now but the 88 with 117,000 miles should probably have this done.

I priced new injectors at O'Riellys at $50 each!

I also plan to replace the intake manifold gaskets as I have some oil leaks at the front and rear of the manifold.  Do you think I should do both jobs together while I am in there?  Probably also a good time to do the PCV valve and its grommet.  Your opinions please.

DSCF2086.JPG

IMHO it makes sense to do all at once. Once the manifold is on the bench all of the rest of the work can be done there. I have a similar kit which I think I bought for the O-rings and the filters were almost free. I haven't had good luck getting the screens out but maybe I am too gentle?? Does the video also include instructions for an adapter to spray carb cleaner though the injector?

AZ, 10-4 on that. It's stupidly simple but I would like to find/make something to pulse the injector being cleaned.

AZ, 10-4 on that. It's stupidly simple but I would like to find/make something to pulse the injector being cleaned.

....I have an idea that might work, using a charger ground the neg.terminal of the injector and with the positive lead take a 2 prong turnsignal flasher and use it between the positive lead and the terminal on the injector.

....I have an idea that might work, using a charger ground the neg.terminal of the injector and with the positive lead take a 2 prong turnsignal flasher and use it between the positive lead and the terminal on the injector.

Interesting idea. Our injectors only need approx. 1 amp so should certainly do something. Thanks for the idea.