Successfully fixed a few things....somehow

Dfk88

So when I bought my reattached it came with a few problems, some of you have heard about the light body damage on the passenger side am dying the mirrors but also on the inside my passenger window didn't work nor did it's electronic lock button nor does the cassette player as well as the shifter lights and the dome lights. Without any mechanical experience or a tutorial in gut I ended up fixing the lock button, shifter lights, and clearing all the codes from the CRT screen which all said they were history codes but I recorded them anyway if you guys want to see them because they seem to help tell more about this cars history which me nor the guy I got it from know about, he's a regular seller and just bought the car at an auction, the pink slip says the car was complete loss and salvaged back in 94 and the codes to me seem to indicate a new 3800 was dropped in this thing but I have no clue because I know hardly anything about cars but these were the history codes on it. B334, B335, B336, B337, C331, C553,

The engines on these cars are really great and deliver thousands of miles. I got 260,000 miles on the Red and only swapped it out because I have a mecahnic friend that was willing to help me. So now I have a brand new drive train as I did the tranny as well. So the most important thing is that the car runs well.

If the codes are history, don't worry about them.

The cassette deck is old technology and unless you want to take it apart and do the drive belt on it i would leave it alone. I byapssed the cassette deck and use a MP 3 jumper lead. Much nicer.

Looks like you have the other things sorted out with the last thing being the window. Could be the window regulator or the switch. If the drivers side works I am betting that the switch is good and the regulator is bad.

There is a turorial on this website [see the top of the page] on how to do it. However it is a bit tricky and involved so I went to a body shop and had them do it. Their hourly labor rate is less and they do this kind of work all the time.

Welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.

The engines on these cars are really great and deliver thousands of miles. I got 260,000 miles on the Red and only swapped it out because I have a mecahnic friend that was willing to help me. So now I have a brand new drive train as I did the tranny as well. So the most important thing is that the car runs well.

If the codes are history, don't worry about them.

The cassette deck is old technology and unless you want to take it apart and do the drive belt on it i would leave it alone. I byapssed the cassette deck and use a MP 3 jumper lead. Much nicer.

Looks like you have the other things sorted out with the last thing being the window. Could be the window regulator or the switch. If the drivers side works I am betting that the switch is good and the regulator is bad.

There is a turorial on this website [see the top of the page] on how to do it. However it is a bit tricky and involved so I went to a body shop and had them do it. Their hourly labor rate is less and they do this kind of work all the time.

Welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.

Thanks, as far as the window that was the only thing I could think of too, at first I thought the plug for the shifter lights was the plug for the passanger window button but after I took the trey off I found that both windows were controlled by one plug, and I would definitely be interested in bypassing the cassette deck to use it as an aux deck even though I just bought an fm transmitter to play my music I don't much rather have an aux thanks for all the help!