For those who thouht they knew everything about their Reatta

heygibb

Since I'm in the middle of a blower motor repair/replacement project, I thought I would activate the blend door while I could see it operate. For _hits and grins, I made videos. The top video is AC, bottom is heater activated. Filmed in real time. They play back on my Chrome browser but not Firefox, so ymmv.

http://embracingwonderland.blogspot.com/2017/08/reatta-related-revelations.html

I honestly didn't realize the door was visible with the blower removed? I believe that door is the outside air control which is oriented horizontally. The blend door has a vertical pivot, swings side to side and is located further to the passengers side.

That's what I get for assuming. Thanks for the clarification. When it reacted to the temp controls, I jumped to my conclusion.

I honestly didn't realize the door was visible with the blower removed?  I believe that door is the outside air control which is oriented horizontally. The blend door has a vertical pivot, swings side to side and is located further to the passengers side.

.....Here's a hint that may be helpful. When ever you have the blower module or blower motor removed use a mirror and a light and you can see all the way to the far end of the passenger side of the heater plenum. It's a good way to tell if your evap is leaking.

I am doing a thorough cleaning of the plenum today, w/ mirror and lighting, using compressed air and vacuum. I'll look for any signs.

.....Here's a hint that may be helpful. When ever you have the blower module or blower motor removed use a mirror and a light and you can see all the way to the far end of the passenger side of the heater plenum. It's a good way to tell if your evap is leaking.

That is also a good way to access the evaporator so you can clean it.