CRT Screen Displaying Incorrect Information

Dfk88

I recently purchased my first car, which happens to be a 1989 burgundy Buick Reatta. I have to say I'm quite in lthe be with the car already, the interior is in fantastic shape which is great but for some reason the CRT screen displays incorrect information when I go into the diagnostics. Every thing I check I under disgnostics it tells me it needs to be serviced right away but it actually doesn't, is there a way to fix this or do I just have get a new one? Thanks!

Thanks! I'm sure you guys will be seeing a lot of me here as I have a few other questions that are all probably super easy for you guys but I'll get into those some other time. So basically if I gathered the information from your link correctly when you go into the diagnostics on the touch screen manually anything that has a warning is just an example of what would pop up on the screen if I was driving and the problem actually occurred?

So basically if I gathered the information from your link correctly when you go into the diagnostics on the touch screen manually anything that has a warning is just an example of what would pop up on the screen if I was driving and the problem actually occurred?

That is correct.

I actually do have one more quick question about the CRT, when sitting in the car wth the engine off but the key on every few minutes there's this random sound that somewhat sounds like a cow mooing that comes from somewhere inside the dash if I'm hearing it correctly I know that isn't really a great example but it's all I got ?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually do have one more quick question about the CRT, when sitting in the car wth the engine off but the key on every few minutes there's this random sound that somewhat sounds like a cow mooing that comes from somewhere inside the dash if I'm hearing it correctly I know that isn't really a great example but it's all I got ?

....Does it sound like it is coming from behind the glovebox?? If so there's a tone generator located in the upper lefthand corner that could be causing that. On your touch screen there is an option to have a sound heard when touching buttons try turning that off (if it is in fact on) Hope this helps.

....Does it sound like it is coming from behind the glovebox?? If so there's a tone generator located in the upper lefthand corner that could be causing that. On your touch screen there is an option to have a sound heard when touching buttons try turning that off (if it is in fact on) Hope this helps.

Shortly after I bought the car I turned the touch screen tone off because it kinda annoyed me, this sound only happens when I turn the key into the on position and to me it sounds more so like it's coming from inside the dash somewhere

Check and see if the mooing cow is the brake pump cycling on and off for some reason. That might happen if you have a bad accumulator. Does the red brake warning light flash when you hear the noise?