What do you use to hold your phone in your Reatta?

Ronnie

I've just now started using a cellphone. I've never liked them but I finally realize that I need to join the modern world and start using one. I didn't like having the phone in my pocket. There really isn't a good place to lay your phone in a Reatta while driving so I decided I needed a to put a phone holder in my Reatta.

My wife had picked up a new phone holder at a yard sale. It is supposed to fit into a AC vent and grab it but that didn't work on the Reatta. I had t modify the top leg of the tripod mount to squeeze tightly into the crack between the console and the dash. That holds it tightly in place and it can be easily be removed by pulling straight out on it. 

I was wondering if any of you guys have came up with something better? I would really like to have it at eye level but I've not came up with a good solution for that so here is what I have right now. What do you guys do with your cellphone when you are traveling in your Reatta?

SAM_3812.thumb.JPG.9b50aa4023353a84123341c382c1ee85.JPG

SAM_3817.thumb.JPG.1f20e2f777b4418ad39f8d2fe472bf7d.JPG

SAM_3821.thumb.JPG.d29c6d6099b25342a4f20731dd395a16.JPG

I bought a drink holder off this forum last year.  It jams between the console and the passenger seat.  It holds two cup and has a recess between them that holds the cell  phone perfectly.

I have a flip phone and 16 way seats in all 3 of my Reattas. The gap where the thigh bolster is, is perfect for my phone.

The Scosche MAGDM is awesome. The adhesive pad will fit the trim between the CRT and the edge of the dash its a magnet to hold your phone. The best $20 you will spend. I sell them in my Car Stereo shop. Advise, flat smooth area free of "Armor All" type products, the adhesive sticks REALLY WELL ONCE. put the flat piece on your phone first then scout locations in your car to make sure you don't block controls or vents etc. You will need to retighten occasionally if you use a heavy case.

• 2 weeks later...

.....If this helps...I used velcro I put the soft side on the phone (below the camera and above the speaker) and the hard side along the floor shift on the passenger side of the council. It's out of the way of everything and easy to reach.

The velcro sounds like a good idea but I wanted to get the phone up high enough that I could use it with one hand to access maps and answer calls with the speakerphone option so talking would be hands free.

The velcro sounds like a good idea but I wanted to get the phone up high enough that I could use it with one hand to access maps and answer calls with the speakerphone option so talking would be hands free.

...What helped me with the velcro was, I was walking through Walmart when I came across a radio with dvd and bluetooth with a 5 inch touch screen for $99.00 being that my original radio didn't work as well as I liked I swapped it out for the Walmart one and now when I make or receive calls I do it with the radio.

That sounds great. Show us what it looks like and tell us how you installed it. Do you remember the brand and model number?

That sounds great. Show us what it looks like and tell us how you installed it. Do you remember the brand and model number?

...The radio is called a Dual It's on display at Walmart It also comes with a remote control. What I did was I removed the cassette player and hollowed out the hole it left ( took a little ingenuity) but I made the space tight enough to "gently" press the new radio into place without using mounting screws and then wired it into the system. To hard to explain how I did it in words and can't show you in pictures but it's not a "very" hard job but I am happy of the results.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Do you have any photos you could post of it in your car?

Thanks. I'll check it out. Do you have any photos you could post of it in your car?

...Not as of yet but, I'll try to put something by the way of pictures later today.

...Not as of yet but, I'll try to put something by the way of pictures later today.

...I broke my phone and had to replace it. Now my PC won't recognize the new phone so I can't download any pictures.

Here is a pic of the cup holder I got from Amazon through this site.  My phone usually sits in the opening in the middle.

242221924_taillight(5).thumb.JPG.69ad9d0036cffbfc1721f9b59af1714b.JPG

Here is a pic of the cup holder I got from Amazon through this site.  My phone usually sits in the opening in the middle.

That is a very popular item with Reatta owners. A lot of people have ordered them. Looks like it works well.

• 1 month later...

...I broke my phone and had to replace it. Now my PC won't recognize the new phone so I can't download any pictures.

Retired:

Did you ever get your PC to cooperate with your phone.  I’m considering removing my CD and installing a single DIN sized radio in the opening.

Thanks,

Silver

Retired:

Did you ever get your PC to cooperate with your phone.  I’m considering removing my CD and installing a single DIN sized radio in the opening.

Thanks,

Silver

What I will do is get my digital camera working (got to get batteries) and take some pic's

....I took pic's but the forum won't download them.

....Now it did.

....Now it did.

Thanks for posting photos.  Unfortunately, my Reatta is a ‘91, and won’t be the same application.

I’m wondering if the CD player in the ‘91 is a Single DIN size piece of audio equipment?

Again, thanks for your images,

Silver