Warning lites not working on the IPC

retired mechanic74

....This is for your information......I have two IPC's one everything works but the warning lights and the other one most of the warning lights work but the left side of the IPC is out. I found that I had to use the IPC that the warning lights worked. Especially the check engine light. If that light doesn't work the quad driver in the ECM will consistently set a code and left un-repaired long enough will burn out the quad driver. But what I found when testing the second IPC (the one with no warning lights)  was the circuit board that holds the lights was burned. It was necessary to remove the board from the IPC to gain access to the lights. You can change the bulbs without doing this but you can't remove the sockets. After I had the board on the bench turning the sockets to the left to remove them from the board. I found the area of the board that makes contact with the sockets, both on the ground side and the positive side was corroded away. Using a pencil type soldering iron I bridged the burn spots and then flatten them with a Dremmal. I also had to clean all the contacts on the sockets inside and out. I now have a unit that everything is working. Just thought I would pass this along in case someone was having trouble with their warning lights.