Dash Harness Bridge

retired mechanic74

....Has anyone out there got a dash harness bridge, it's the plastic box that connects the two halfs of the harness together.????? If so what would you want for it???

That is not a five minute job to get that for you. Besides all the wires are in that box and have to be soldered. Do you need both sides or just the dash or the body side?

This is a story I would like to hear.

That is not a five minute job to get that for you. Besides all the wires are in that box and have to be soldered. Do you need both sides or just the dash or the body side?

This is a story I would like to hear.

...Neither side just the bridge

I'm confused. There is a bolt that goes thriugh the dash side of the box to the body side to hold the connection together. What is the bridge and what does it do? Am I in the right area?

I'm confused. There is a bolt that goes thriugh the dash side of the box to the body side to hold the connection together. What is the bridge and what does it do? Am I in the right area?

Yes you are, I've had this apart once before and ( I'm an old guy) but I seem to remember that there is a bolt on ether side??? If I'm wrong, then it would be the side that the bridge is on. If you have it and are willing to sell it I would like to know the price before you go to any trouble. I'm on a fixed income and have to plan accordingly.

I'll be going out to Gibson's and I will look at one of the cars out there.

I'll be going out to Gibson's and I will look at one of the cars out there.

I'm going out of town on the 29th and won't be back till the 20th of August and so I won't be able to contact you until then. But would you let me know a ya or na sometime during those 3 weeks. Thanks.

I think I could have an answer for you tomorrow as that is when I am going there.

I think I could have an answer for you tomorrow as that is when I am going there.

...That would be fine....but please don't go out of your way I can't do anything until I financially recuperate from my vacation.

I went out there and looked at two Reattas and two Rivs of our vintage without steering cloumns. This helps me get a better look at what you are after. I don't see anything I would call a bridge, unless what you are after is the "tunnel" the steering cloumn runs through.

Please provide a picture or a better description of what you are after.

It wasn't a totally wasted trip as I took 3 bags of aluminum out there and got $6.00 which I put towards a 1000 amp battery that was $15.00 exchanged with a core battery. Also got a lead on another yard that has 2 Reattas in it in Milwaukee.

I'm not familiar with what you are calling a bridge. Is there a box on the firewall that the harness plugs into from each side of the firewall that you are needing? Can you tell me where to find it in the FSM?

I went out there and looked at two Reattas and two Rivs of our vintage without steering cloumns. This helps me get a better look at what you are after. I don't see anything I would call a bridge, unless what you are after is the "tunnel" the steering cloumn runs through.

Please provide a picture or a better description of what you are after.

It wasn't a totally wasted trip as I took 3 bags of aluminum out there and got $6.00 which I put towards a 1000 amp battery that was $15.00 exchanged with a core battery. Also got a lead on another yard that has 2 Reattas in it in Milwaukee.

...The bridge is located above the heater plenum just to the right of the power supply that is located over the gas pedal. The bridge is about 3-4 inches long 2? inches wide and 1&1/2? inches thick, black in color  and is held together by retaining bolts. It's not easy to see. Thanks.

I actually drove to the salvage yard in West Bend to get more parts from that nice Reatta. As that dash was removed I also looked at that one for that "bridge". I did not see anything that resembled what you are referring to.

I did get some front ABS sensor leads and went to another yard as I was told there were two Reattas at that yard. There was one. I did grab the Teves pump/motor from that car and was sorry that the drivers/passenger window had been left open. The drivers door panel would have been nicer then the one I have, but because of the elements getting to it, it is now worthless.

I am sorry but I will cease looking for that bridge. I do not know what to look for.

I actually drove to the salvage yard in West Bend to get more parts from that nice Reatta. As that dash was removed I also looked at that one for that "bridge". I did not see anything that resembled what you are referring to.

I did get some front ABS sensor leads and went to another yard as I was told there were two Reattas at that yard. There was one. I did grab the Teves pump/motor from that car and was sorry that the drivers/passenger window had been left open. The drivers door panel would have been nicer then the one I have, but because of the elements getting to it, it is now worthless.

I am sorry but I will cease looking for that bridge. I do not know what to look for.

DAVE89 That's fine I appreciate you taking the time and hope I may be able to help you in the future. I don't have any outlets here that has any Reattas. I'm heading up to Michigan and maybe will find something there.