Seen lots of ways to use SEAFOAM-How do you use it?

ski.dive

I've seen dozens of videos on ''how to seafoam an engine''

Most everybody has different ways.

What is the way that you SEAFOAM your motor?

I usually start by reading the manufacturers directions on the can.

...The best way is to put it in your gas. Another trick (but if your not sure of how to do it) you can take a spritzing bottle put 1/2 of the bottle of Seafoam in it run the engine till it's at normal temp remove the air intake tube from the throttle body and fluctuating the RPMs spray it into the throttle body it will clean the inside of the body, intake and intake valve stems "BUT don't flood the engine with it" let each spray work through. Put the other half in the tank.

Thare good instructions on Ronnie's "How to" section that deals with this. Remove one hose off the junction of hoses on the top of the engine. Install a longer hose that goes into the can and allow the vacuum to draw the sea foam up into the plenum. Shut off the car allow to stand and then start the car and watch all the "crap" come out the exhaust.

Thare good instructions on Ronnie's "How to" section that deals with this. Remove one hose off the junction of hoses on the top of the engine. Install a longer hose that goes into the can and allow the vacuum to draw the sea foam up into the plenum. Shut off the car allow to stand and then start the car and watch all the "crap" come out the exhaust.

...Your right DAVE89 But, you stand the chance of a hydraulic lock on one of the pistons if it gets to much fluid and you shut it down at the wrong stroke of the engine. It's a rare occurrence but I've seen it happen and it can bend a rod.

Another Seafoam product is Trans Tune. I've used it to renew internal transmission seals on Cadillac's that refuse to get into gear. Works great.

Regarding the seafoam through the plenum idea. I pinch the hose with a clamp, then before releasing the clamp I put a bend in the hose.[This is after the car is running] I then have control of how much Seafoam I allow into the engine by how I either open or close the bend in the hose.

The Trans tune I used in the used tranny I installed in the Red. I believe it was a good idea to do that as I am sure that tranny sat for awhile. It shofted great right from the start so maybe it helped. I like to think so...