I did the 25pump brake fluid test.See results.

ski.dive

After pumping the brake pedal 25 times, I inspected the brake fluid level in the reservoir.

The fluid level was only 1/2 inch on top of the arrow [overfilled] on the side of the reservoir.

Is 1/2 inch overfill OK, after doing the 25 brake pump test?

What do the instructions say in the "How to" section?

I purchased the car with this 1/2 inch overfill.

Who knows how long the reservoir has been overfilled.

It doesn't matter how long it has been filled at the level it is. You asked a question and I told you where to look. I will ask again "What do the instructions say in the How to section"?

It doesn't matter how long it has been filled at the level it is. You asked a question and I told you where to look. I will ask again "What do the instructions say in the How to section"?

OK, so what is the problem with it being overfilled, does it cause damage?

It says do not overfill, that's why I said the mine was 1/2 inch over filled.

I will remove the 1/2 inch overfill

I feel better knowing you actually know where that section is and have read it.

The reason why you shouldn't overfill is that the accumulator ball as it streches takes on more fluid and then when it discharges by sitting overnight forces the fluid out past the cap. Brake fluid is caustic and can/will damage paint and ruin connections.

I would prefer that when you have a question going forward you read the sections of Ronnie's "How to" that pertain to your issue and then refer to it when you ask your question.

I take your questions as "demanding" and am pretty sure you don't have a repair manual and may have lost your owners manual. A number of us here are willing to help but that willingness was not part of the purchase price of your car.

I feel better knowing you actually know where that section is and have read it.

The reason why you shouldn't overfill is that the accumulator ball as it streches takes on more fluid and then when it discharges by sitting overnight forces the fluid out past the cap. Brake fluid is caustic and can/will damage paint and ruin connections.

I would prefer that when you have a question going forward you read the sections of Ronnie's "How to" that pertain to your issue and then refer to it when you ask your question.

I take your questions as "demanding" and am pretty sure you don't have a repair manual and may have lost your owners manual. A number of us here are willing to help but that willingness was not part of the purchase price of your car.

Not demanding ...Just a rookie Reatta owner with questions. :huh:

And great people like you and Ronnie who help us rookies. :D

It always takes a while for new owners to learn about these cars. Especially the brakes. As Dave said, it's best to keep it right on the full mark. That way if the fluid level drops unexpectedly it will be easier to notice versus having it overfilled.