information center

retired mechanic74

When I bring up the information screen and check conditions I get ALL low readings example : very low on fuel but just filled tank. Oil very low add oil, just had oil change. Washer fluid very low, but full. Also on Gage screen above 1500 R.P.M's oil pressure goes to 255 pounds. Charging system fluctuates from 11.5 volts to 14.4 volts. I replaced the E.C.M and the B.C.M. but was experiencing these problems prior to replacement. Anyone out there got any ideas?

1.) When I bring up the information screen and check conditions I get ALL low readings example : very low on fuel but just filled tank. Oil very low add oil, just had oil change. Washer fluid very low, but full.

2.) Also on Gage screen above 1500 R.P.M's oil pressure goes to 255 pounds.

3.) Charging system fluctuates from 11.5 volts to 14.4 volts. I replaced the E.C.M and the B.C.M. but was experiencing these problems prior to replacement. Anyone out there got any ideas?

You questions need to be broken down into three parts.

1.) can be explained easily here: Why is diagnostics telling me I have so many problems?

2.) Usually a bad oil pressure sensor causes this problem. You will get a warning message on the screen if the problem gets really bad.

3. The charging system problem could be the alternator going bad or a bad connection.

Ronnie,  Every OK button is telling me there is a problem. The alternator is new and shows a charge on my analog meter. No codes set in E.C.M. B.C.M. or C.R.T. is there another module which stores vhc. information or is there a way of relearning or up dating the system?

Ronnie,  Every OK button is telling me there is a problem. The alternator is new and shows a charge on my analog meter. No codes set in E.C.M. B.C.M. or C.R.T. is there another module which stores vhc. information or is there a way of relearning or up dating the system?

Here is How To Access ECM, BCM & CRT Codes  Pushing the OK buttons is not the same as entering the onboard diagnostic system.

The info page tells you what the warning looks like if you have a problem. Kind of like the Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind that screen".

I believe I have found the problem. A shorted cell in the battery. Will let you guys know. Back when I worked for Chrysler's I ran into similar problems mutable times with their electronics and that was the cure. Wish I had remembered that before I bought the BCM.

Also check to make sure the battery cables are actually tightening up the way then should. It's a problem that almost left me stranded on the side of the road once. Battery Cable Checks & Repair

Thanks, that's one of the first things I did.