Junk yard Reatta ABS system,how do I remove it?

ski.dive

Found a complete Reatta ABS system at the local junkyard

Are there instructions on how to remove it easily [without damaging it ] from the 88 junk Reatta??

Removing the entire master cylinder unit requires considerable work because the bolts that hold it on are under the dash.

Since the master cylinder/ABS valves rarely go bad it is common to just grab the pump assembly, that includes the pressure switch and accumulator, by unplugging the electrical connectors and removing the one bolt (goes in from the side) that holds the assembly in place. You will also have to disconnect the hose or steel pipe that supplies fluid from the reservoir.

While you are there please see if you can remove the rubber plug where the transmission dip stick goes into the transmission.

I will purchase it from you and gladly pay postage.  Mine is chewed up and leaking

EDIT:  I no longer need this part thanks to 2seater

While you are there please see if you can remove the rubber plug where the transmission dip stick goes into the transmission.

I will purchase it from you and gladly pay postage.  Mine is chewed up and leaking.

From another member:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,1988,reatta,3.8l+231cid+v6,1019898,transmission-automatic,dipstick+seal,10970

The Teves system in 1988 had a running change. The early 1988 Reattas had a different brake line on the top of the unit then the later units and are not compatible. Look at yours and then look at the one in the yard. If you have a smart phone take a picture of yours and compare it.

Do not think you can "convert" it because you cannot. Your only recourse is to swap out the entire unit, then keep that unit as a back up.

Removal is not that easy. The best way is to remove the steering column. Then you will much easier access to the 4 nuts that hold the Teves unit in place on the fire wall.

It has been some time since I did that project so I will let you figure it out. I believe you need 15mm socket and a swivel as well as a 10mm socket for the bolt that holds the steering column in the boot also located at the fire wall. There is a need for a 7mm [i believe] to remove the shifter connection on the column.