Perfect fit PCV grommet for Reatta

ski.dive

Perfect fit PCV grommet for Reatta.

The grommet #1254119 was stamped in my grommet when I removed from my Reatta, it appeared to be the original grommet.

Here is where I found it:

http://www.highwaystars.net/search.php?Search=&search_query=1254119

Brand-new reproduction of the factory original PCV valve grommet (GM part #1254119) for 3800 motor with stock intake manifold.

This reproduction PCV valve grommet will fit perfectly, just like original.

Per original GM blueprint, the correct size center hole for the factory PCV valve to seal properly is .485"

NOTE: The following PCV valve grommets DO NOT FIT CORRECTLY which include:

GM# 1381487

Dorman 42056

Dorman 42061

Dorman 42316

Standard Motor Products GV16

Grommets with a center hole measuring .495" also do not fit

Per original GM blueprint, the correct size center hole for the factory PCV valve to seal properly is .485"

NOTE: The following  PCV valve grommets DO NOT FIT CORRECTLY which include:

GM# 1381487

Dorman 42056

Dorman 42061

Dorman 42316

Standard Motor Products GV16

Grommets with a center hole measuring .495" also do not fit

Thanks for that information.  I'm happy that you found a grommet that fit.

Just for anyone reading this post in the future...  I think it should be pointed out that those grommets you list do not fit your Reatta. I don't believe that applies to all Reattas. I believe several different size PVC valves and grommets might have been used in the 3800 engines.

I haven't pulled my PVC valve out but by just looking at it in the intake manifold it appears to be much bigger than .485".  I have a PVC valve laying on my workbench that I purchased to install in my engine It measures .738" in diameter. That appears to be about the right size.

The problem with installation of the PCV valve in the early 3800 Gm motors, is that the correct grommet hasn't been available for over 15 years, the original production part # was 1254119.

if you have an early 3800 motor, the number is molded right into the original grommet

Most of the grommets have been replaced due to the fact that they get hard and crack

the replacement # from GM is 1381487 (also molded into the part) and it is very different from the original # 1254119

The aftermarket ones available from autozone and NAPA are copies of the "487", the hole is either smaller or larger and the underside is not undercut to allow the PCV valve to be inserted easy.

Again,none of the other grommets fit properly on the early 3800 motors, I tried to force and pry them into the hole.

I was told they would fit my 1988 Reatta by the Auto Part stores, I purchased and tried them all.

I do not know about the lower PCV hole in the '88 manifold but I did notice something different about the '88 manifold that Daves89 received on that complete engine. This is the manifold with 3800 cast into the top of the plenum. There was a capped steel tube that stuck out from the drivers side front corner. I didn't look more closely, but it appeared to extend into the valley area of the engine? Perhaps it connects to the pan on the underside although I have no evidence of such? It looked to be an alternate or auxiliary venting fitting. I have never seen anything similar on the later manifolds.