Day trip to Lookout Mountain

Ronnie

We drove our Reatta to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga today. It was about a 200 mile round trip. It was awesome weather for an enjoyable drive.

Some Civil War buffs might recognize Lookout Mountain as where the "Battle Above the Clouds" took place. There is a tremendous amount of history there. Everyone should visit Lookout mountain if you get the chance.

Here is a view from the mountain but I didn't take it.

lookout-mountain.jpg

I was hoping to get a photo of my Reatta in front of the beautiful entrance to Point Park or some of the old cannons on Lookout Mountain, but like an idiot I left the camera laying on the hood of my Equinox when we left.

Look at the photo below of the entrance to Point Park and pretend you see my Reatta parked in front of it. :S :)

500x375https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0a/d6/02/81/park-entrance.jpg[/img]

Looks great. I like the reflection off the chrome wheels. Good job with the pictures!

[Do a photoshop]

Looks great. I like the reflection off the chrome wheels. Good job with the pictures!

[Do a photoshop]

Good idea Dave! You just saved me a trip back to Chattanooga to take a photo. :D

448417615_pointpark.jpg.f252cd5f3d4e75ad6146d9b6dd13a26d.jpg

I'm truly blessed to live in an area that has such beautiful mountains and lakes with breath taking views like the one you see in the first photo. And best of all - we have great, well maintained, back roads here in Tennessee that connects all the interesting places together. Our winding roads with lots of curves and hills are well suited to driving a Buick Reatta. I can drive hours on end without having to hit a boring Interstate highway.

• Ronnie featured this topic