In search of IPC for 1990 Buick Reatta

Ronnie

I'm copying this for Jaime1427 from the old ROJ forum. Please reply to this post for more information.

Hey, everybody - my girlfriend recently picked up a 1990 reatta from a local dealership. The only ly issue with it is that the IPC is out. It's Completey dark save for the idiot lights at the bottom. We've tried a few local junk yards, but no one has one or can seem to find one. Any ideas? We're also on the market for a new headlight switch assembly as well. If anybody has any ideas or knows of someone who is selling one, or can repair then, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jaime

Someone here on the forum may chime in with one for sale. Otherwise here are a couple of places that repair the Instrument Panels

United Radio - IPC Repair

"We work on a multitude of factory equipment, including car stereos, cd players and changers, AM/FM cassettes, odometers, and speedometers. you can reach us by phone (toll-free) at 800-448-0944 with any questions about our services."

Nationwide Speedometer and Instrument Cluster Repair

"We Can Repair Most Any Problem in Any Speedometer or Instrument Cluster. email:customerservice@southernelectronics.com or call:1-800-446-2880"

I don't have any extras but Jim Finn would have them and he is reasonable in price.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up one off eBay for my 1989 coupe for $90 plus $12 shipping.  They have several on there, and unless advertised as parts only, are warranted as working.  eBay even provided a 6-month warranty for $10.

I just picked up one off eBay for my 1989 coupe for $90 plus $12 shipping.  They have several on there, and unless advertised as parts only, are warranted as working.  eBay even provided a 6-month warranty for $10.

That sounds like a pretty good deal. The IPC doesn't go bad on '88-'90 models as often as they do on later models but the 6 mo. warranty for $10 is a good investment against an early failure I think.