Opinion=Remove the BUICK letters & paint each letter with CHROME spray paint.

ski.dive

I'm going to remove my BUICK letters, sand/clean and paint each letter with CHROME spray paint.

I will them re-glue each letter back on, ready to go for a few years!!

Sounds good. You may want to "shine up" your tail light so it looks as nice. There is a tutorial for that at the top of the page.

Just so you know the best closest to mirror finish spray paint is the Spaz Stix 10009 Ultimate Mirror Chrome. You can polish it up after it dries to an almost real chrome finish.

There are a couple YouTube videos on the stuff that a guy demonstrates on a Pine wood Derby car, Looked great!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All :)

I saw a Jay Leno's Garage video a few years ago with an incredible new chrome-spraying process that I'm going to look into further when the time comes to redo my BUICK tail light letters on my 89 Sapphire. I'm having trouble finding the exact JLG video I watched but, here's a youtube video of the same process - it blows away the "chrome" spray paint that I tried many many years ago. It looks just like vacuum-metalized plastic!

It may be something that Eastwood is offering by now too, not sure but I'll get on it someday. Too many other little projects before that :)

Dan

Hey All :)

I saw a Jay Leno's Garage video a few years ago with an incredible new chrome-spraying process that I'm going to look into further when the time comes to redo my BUICK tail light letters on my 89 Sapphire. I'm having trouble finding the exact JLG video I watched but, here's a youtube video of the same process - it blows away the "chrome" spray paint that I tried many many years ago. It looks just like vacuum-metalized plastic!

It may be something that Eastwood is offering by now too, not sure but I'll get on it someday. Too many other little projects before that :)

Dan

I checked on this process and it seems that It was developed in Europe. The problem is it's toxic and as the U.S. Laws read right now it can't be shipped it won't pass customs. This was some time ago and maybe by now the law may have been changed.

I'm going to remove my BUICK letters, sand/clean and paint each letter with CHROME spray paint.

I will them re-glue each letter back on, ready to go for a few years!!

Just a suggestion.... At the part store you can get a roll of stick on chrome. Don't take the letters off the car. Cut squares large enough to cover each letter press on firmly tucking it all around the letter and using a razor knife trim around the letter removing the access.