New to the ROJ and need guidence.

Calracefan

Hello everyone,

I picked up a good little car about a year ago, she's a 1989 red with tan interior.   I have fixed a few little things with the help of you guys by reading your previous posts.  Here's where I need some guidance.

1. Fuel filter.  The line is rusted from the filter to the top of the motor so the filter cannot be removed.  Does anyone have a spare or know of someone who can make a new one?  I'm to understand the end is special and no one has a die to make the end to connect the available filters.

2. Every so often at idle (a stop light) check display lights up "Electrical problem has been detected........."  When you hit the return button it says the Cruise Control has been deactivated.... Continues.... Service.  Whether Cruise Control is on or off and warning light turns it's self off if I start moving.  I have look at the diagnostic codes in the car and compared them to the lists and I'm not seeing a clear connection to the Cruise Control and the warning light.  Any ideas of what I need to look at?

3. Just started.  After she has been sleeping (usually overnight), when I first try to crank her over she does not start, even holding crank for a second.  Try a second time or bump the crank once she fires right up like a brand new car.  I'm leaning toward CPS, I was also looking at cleaning out IAC as well.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty to keep her on the road, she always get looks and questions around town.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Jarrett

Welcome to the forum! You should start a new topic for each problem you need help with. It will avoid confusion when replying to posts.

1. Contact Jim Finn - reattas60@gmail.com. He should have the gas line you need. Jim is a honest seller of used Reatta parts.