Hood latch

richard

I am looking for some help  I was doing some work in engine compartment   went to close hood and would not engage with latch

How do you adjust latch what position should it be in to accept hood latch

Is it possible the latch is stuck in the open position? I don't see how the latch position could get out of adjustment just by opening the hood.

I suspect the lever that snaps over and holds it shut when you close it has moved to the shut position. It would then block the upper part of the hood latch assembly from sliding down into the groove when you try to close the hood. Use something (maybe a screwdriver) to pry it but you might have to have someone pull the hood release lever to allow you to pry it back up. Actually if someone pulls the lever you might be able to flip it back up with your finger.

Was the hood difficult to get open? Did you have to pull really hard on the hood release lever to get it open? If it needs to be adjusted there are two bolts that hold the bottom half of the latching assembly to the radiator support. The holes are slotted. You can loosen the bolts and slide the latch up or down to adjust it. If you go down too much it will very difficult to open when you pull the hood release and you will have to slam the hood to get it to close. If you adjust it too high the hood will close and latch easily but will not be down tight and will be able to move up or down a little because it is not held tightly shut.

Thank for the help gave trying to get it working right bought new latch works great