Chrome BUICK Letters

MOUSE

They are available on ebay. A former forum member sells them. I have okay used ones but nowhere near new.

They are available on ebay. A former forum member sells them. I have okay used ones but nowhere near new.

A quick eBay search shows that he no longer has letters for sale. Marck's website also shows them out of stock.

checked every source on the "Net" and no one has the chrome "BUICK" letters for the tail lamp assy. Mark at "East Coast Reatta" had one set left from their initial reproduced batch. I bit the bullet and bought them $175, wife said it was my 'Fathers Day" gift. These are "Metal" and triple Chrome plated. I contacted one place in "Calif" that re-chromes plastic, but they wanted $75 to $100 per letter to do it. Crazy! Man! the cost of parts for these cars, if you can find them is going out the roof. Hope they continue to increase in value, to make it worth while to keep them up.

checked every source on the "Net" and no one has the chrome "BUICK" letters for the tail lamp assy. Mark at "East Coast Reatta" had one set left from their initial reproduced batch. I bit the bullet and bought them $175, wife said it was my 'Fathers Day" gift. These are "Metal" and triple Chrome plated. I contacted one place in "Calif" that re-chromes plastic, but they wanted $75 to $100 per letter to do it. Crazy! Man! the cost of parts for these cars, if you can find them is going out the roof. Hope they continue to increase in value, to make it worth while to keep them up.

This should be a wake up call to all Reatta owners to remove the letters from their taillight and reinstall with new double sided emblem tape. When I did mine a couple of years ago they were almost loose enough to pull off with my fingernails.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah!, Ronnie, the original letters were very easy to remove, due to the deteriorated condition of the original "Double Faced" tape. and my car has never sat outside in the sun for any length of time, always garaged. but 25-years is a long time.

If anyone is interested there is a whole set on eBay just posted today but they are sold separately and the guy wants $28.50 a piece. So anyways better hurry if you want all of the letters.

Here's the link for the Letter 'B'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-letter-for-BUICK-Reatta-taillight-logo-letters/253018738797?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

That's crazy money. I have letters that are almost as nice and would sell them for $10.00 each delivered.

That's crazy money. I have letters that are almost as nice and would sell them for $10.00 each delivered.

Yeah I know, I wouldn't buy them for that amount. I was just posting it in case someone needed them. I didn't know you had letters and for a great price. Thanks Dave!