abs light

tony1970

HI I AM A NEW MEMBER,I HAVE A 1990 WHITE CONV,ALL ORINGAL WITH VERY LOW MILES EVERY THING ON THIS CAR WORKS AS DESIGNED.EXCEPT ABS LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME WENT OUT YESTERDAY IN THE RAIN,PARKED IT,CAME OUT STARTED IT  LIGHT WENT OUT AND STOOD OUT TILL I PARKED IT IN THE GARAGE STARTED IT THIS MOURNING LIGHT ON STEADY,PULLED CODES 27 AND 32 OUTLET VALVE AND FRONT SENSOR EVERY THING CHECKS OUT,I CHECKED IT WITH A PINOUT BOX,ANY FEEDBACK I WELCOME TONY.

012.thumb.JPG.c41feb567ba38be5249d3746b8c55fff.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

There are folks here on the forum that know more about the ABS than I do that should be along to help you. I'm betting you have a bad front ABS sensor lead that is causing your problem.

Welcome to the forum!

There are folks here on the forum that know more about the ABS than I do that should be along to help you. I'm betting you have a bad front ABS sensor lead that is causing your problem.

THANKS RONNIE,YOU MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE,I NOTICED A SLIGHT CHURPING ON THE LEFT FRONT WHEEL COULD BE THE PROBLEM I WILL CHECK IT OUT WHEN I HAVE TIME THANKS TONY.

I agree with Ronnie that it is probably a front sensor lead. I have a pin out box and never use it. What I do is first a visual check of the ABS lead to see if there is cracking or delamination of the rubber lead. I then use an ohm meter and check the resistance. 800-1400 is acceptable.

Do not worry about the valve 32 issue as it will probably clear up when the lead issue is resolved.

I agree with Ronnie that it is probably a front sensor lead. I have a pin out box and never use it. What I do is first a visual check of the ABS lead to see if there is cracking or delamination of the rubber lead. I then use an ohm meter and check the resistance. 800-1400 is acceptable.

Do not worry about the valve 32 issue as it will probably clear up when the lead issue is resolved.

THANKS DAVE ,I WILL CHECK IT OUT IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.

re;abs light,i had some time today so i did what Dave told me ,check the 2 front abs senors drivers side read 900 ohms passenger side no reading bad sensor you think? i did not pull the wheels yet,its hot out.

No reading means bad sensor. I sell reconditioned ones. If interested in one you can email me at; lemke1044@aol.com