NEW REAR LENS CLEANER

89 MAUI

Decades ago my wife would ask me to clean the patio furniture and after spending cleaning time I would be happier just taking the furniture to the  land-fill rather than making the furniture looking clean.  Then my wife brought home some patio furniture cleaner that removes oxidation and I sprayed it on and the fabric looked brand new.  I then found oxidation remover for automotive paint surfaces.  My neighbor bought a 1988 Dodge Diplomat and he was trying to get that smokey haze off the paint (not clear coat) by using rubbing compound.  He was working his butt off but with no results.  I went to my garage and got my oxidation remover and he was shocked to see just spraying it on and wiping down the surface it immediately came to the original paint color clean.  

What I don't understand is that these oxidation removal cleaners are disappearing off the hardware shelves.  I don't know if the oxidation removal chemicals affect the clear coats but they are  no longer on the shelves.

But I found an oxidation removal cleaner for the headlight plastic shrouds and I cleaned both shrouds to CLEAR status in 10 minutes.  I was shocked how quickly it cleaned with no sandpaper or power ball usage, just rubbing it on with my index finger for under 2 minutes then a clean water rinse.  After drying the surface applying the "clear coat" (UV protector) and then wiping off the dried haze  and the shroud was now clean from that smokey haze.

What's this got to do with our Reatta's, nothing in regards to the head lights but I used it on the rear lense and the oxidation haze disappeared leaving a clear red lense with the least amount of cleaning time that you can imagine.

I cleaned my wife's Accord, my Acura and the Buick's rear lense and enough left over for 2 additional cars, so use it sparingly.

The product is called    E2 LENS RE-NEW  sells for $26.00

Internet   E2lensrenew.com

Harry -

I ordered it from the tv  program GEARZ and they are now showing out of stock.  I left  the website on the post but they did not show where they market the product.

I see O'Reilleys has a product called " Superior polish and sealing glaze that's for clear coat. It sold in several sizes. Haven't used it but just a suggestion

Just be careful entering your information on that site since it is not a secure site and is not encrypted! Might want to try and order over phone if they will.

Phone: 615-431-1060