Driver side window is jammed

Bob Paulson

My 1990 Buick Reatta convertible's driver side window started up and then jumped the track and is jammed.  I've got the door panel off and all the electrical connections broken.  I can't see how to free the glass and hope I don't have to take the door apart completely.  Any help is appreciated.

Do some Google searches for pics and advice.  You might be better served to take it to an auto glass professional though as they have probably seen similar situations.  Money well spent if you don't have the required skills and or tools.

Good luck man.

Do some Google searches for pics and advice.  You might be better served to take it to an auto glass professional though as they have probably seen similar situations.  Money well spent if you don't have the required skills and or tools.

Good luck man.

Dear Ron:  I AM crazy to have attempted this.  I found some horrible quick fixes after removing the door panel.  Like most of the plastic hold fasts were missing or broken and they used a big screw behind the padding to hold the panel on.  Also the fiber optic was pulled away and I'm not sure what the end is supposed to look like.  While its off I'm going to clean and decorrode all the electrical fittings.  I'm so anal I have to take everything apart and check for rust and corrosion!  I AM seriously considering calling my mechanic and see if he'll take it from here, then I'll put the panel back on when he has the window working again.  Thanks for you suggestion.  Bob, California Crazy