Started bad ended good

DAVES89

On the AACA forum a "newbie" came on talking about a Reatta he just found at a "You Pick" in Chicago. He thought it was a 1989 and in his opinion it had very nice inner door panels. So I saddled up the Red this morning and left at 4:15 to get to this yard when they opened. I made it through the Milwaukee taffic but got caught in the Chicago commuter traffic. When I got to the yard [160 plus miles away] found the car easily but it was a 1990 not an 88/89 like I was told. I did get some other parts but not the door panels. I will say that the inner door panels are pretty good, but the seats [tan 6 ways] are in great shape. The front windows are gone so if you want them you need to move fast. The yard price is $30.00 for each seat. No I will not go back for them.

So as I was coming back I got a call from my son in law that he wanted to go junkin at Gibson's [my local you pick]. So we met there and while he was pulling what he needed for his 2007 Impala I found a Cadillac and pulled another Teves pump and motor. As we were walking up to the check out counter, Jesse a yard guy, drove up in an end loader and told me about a Riv that just came in. So we made a U turn and found the car. I now have a 1990/91 IPC with a United Radio rebuild sticker on it. I will test it tomorrow to see how good it is. But the Teves pump works.

Left at 4:15 back home at 1:15 Then to Gibson's at 2:00 pm home at 3:30 Round trip was about 350 miles...

You started the morning with lemons and turned them into lemonaid!

Ronnie and I talked by phone as I was driving in and then again as I was coming back. I was getting codes [transmission]and I think I know why they were tripping. The locking tab on the connection is broken so maybe the connection isn't real good. I will have to check that out [maybe tomorrow] and see what I can do to keep it tight.

Otherwise the engine and tranny worked well.