Reatta in Germany

Aztec62

Hello folks,

I have been overhauling a friends Ford Explorer Motor, so progress on the Reatta project was slow.

The rear subframe has been sandblasted and painted with primer.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.thumb.JPG.a4aa68b426be2fb39de030c6528fa8f7.JPG

But expensive, too

I have paid 106$ (95 Euro) to have it sandblasted and primered.

One hour of sandblasting is 151$ over here.

It looks outstanding even with the additional work needed. With that much dedication, I am sure it will work well in the end. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

This may sound funny but when I needed some wheels to be sandblasted so I took them to a monument stone company. They use a sandblaster to sandblast the information on the head stones. It cost me about $40-$50.00 for all 4 wheels. Something to think about next time...

I am searching for two rear suspension knuckles and the bolts wich hold the knuckle to the control arm.

The parts I have are badly rusted, the bolts are rusted solid to the knuckles.

Had to use an angle grinder to separate the knuckles from the control arms.

I have a 1990 Reatta.

Anyone can help?

Henning

Bremen, Germany

Knuckles? Are you talking about bushings and bolts at the front of the two trailing arms? Or are you talking about the metal parts that the bushings slide up inside when bolting it together?

Here is a photo from the parts catalog. I am talking about parts no. 15 and 24:

IMG_0167.JPG

20170816_163206.thumb.jpg.dfbb438a0de0038c89ace01d64539731.jpg

Sorry. I can't help you. Unfortunately when I junked the rear assembly about a year ago those were still attached to it. Maybe someone who goes to parts yards can get something removed and shipped to you. I wouldn't think it's a part that people normally pull from a car when they are parting them out. I would guess also that the part is commonly used on other models and you might not be limited to just Reatta.

By the way -  There's a guy who posted over in the AACA forum who might be able to help you. He posted in the wrong place. He posted in the Reatta buy/sell site. The thread is titled "convertible top replacement" If you go down into the thread he refers to a Reatta that is in a salvage yard near him. He offers to get parts removed and shipped to people if requested.

You would be better served by using Jim Finn.

He may have the parts on the shelf.