Rear manifold modification

2seater

Wow, looks like a lot of work!

What do you think how much horse pwer will you gain with this modification?

Henning

Hard to say if it will be worth anything? I imagine it might sound a bit different, but primarily, this is just to satisfy my curiosity. It is a fair amount of cutting, fitting and welding, but easier than the turbo manifolds and piping I have fabricated. It may get used with my low yield turbo setup that is powered by the front cylinders, or would work N/A too. It looks pretty bad right now but ultimately it will be ceramic coated titanium gray with no heat shields.

Maybe this partially cleaned up view will make more sense. While it will never be elegant, it will be conveniently located out of sight ?

0520171035-00.jpg

It appears you have added another location for an O2 sensor. Will you be running two or plugging the old one?

I know that's what it looks like but it is the port for the EGR and is untouched. The stock O2 port was removed and relocated slightly as close to the exhaust stream merge as possible. It could be more streamlined, but not much without reconfiguring the #2 and #6 runners. As it is, the #4 was moved out 1/2" from the flange tilted and re-angled to point more to the outlet.

It looks like a lot of work but it might pay off in more power.

It can't hurt but it was really a diversion and garage project to address a weakness in the design. Stuff like this is therapy:) It will go out to be ceramic coated at some point and installed someday, but the engine it will be used on will be coming out soon to work on the higher boosted, and lower compression engine.

• 4 months later...

I finally got around to sending the manifold out for coating and it arrived over the weekend. The color is darker than I thought it was going to be but the quality is very good.

1001171929-00.thumb.jpg.3f9f48ff614cebf52f98c547d8dba1d9.jpg