New How-To Guides added to ROJ

Ronnie

It's been rainy here so I decided to add a few new How-To articles to ROJ. If you  spot mistakes or changes that need to be made please let me know.

Ronnie,

what do you think about adding a reference to the other guides about the stupid little plastic arm on the blend door behind the dash that breaks sometimes; to the "Air blows from Defrost vents"? And how to test for it if that is the problem.

I can't remember if Dave did a short discussion about this or not, all I know is it is almost impossible to get at without having to remove the whole dashboard.

I would be happy to do that Scott but that arm is something I only know about from what I've read. I've not actually seen one or know how to test it to see if it is broke. If you or another forum member would like to write something up I would be happy to add it to ROJ.

I don't have much info on that arm other then I have two of them in back stock. When I do the dash swap on the Red I am putting in a reinforced one that was discussed by Machiner 55. Ronnie maybe you want to bring back that series of posts and maybe we can work up a tutorial on it.

I think that discussion about the AC control arm breaking occurred before I changed the forum software last fall. I've been searching for it but I couldn't find it. If you guys would like to search for it here is where to look: Forum Archives

It's on Page 13 titled "90 Reatta No air coming through vents" with 117 posts. The topic was started by Merlin. You closed the topic down so I couldn't add to it to bring it up.

You could do at least two topics on that. How to clean the exchanger in the firewall. How to test the controller. How to swap out the control arm.

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.

Wow thanks guys, if you need any help on the write up or info let me know. Mine is broken on my higher miler and I know how to test for a broken arm, but I think it goes over that in Merlin's post.

Anyways I'm not sure when I want to tackle that project. I have an old TV antenna holding the blend door closed so that it comes out the vents. Works pretty good so all I have to do in the winter is take that out and Voila I have defrost/heat.

Several tutorials could be written from that thread. I hope to one day dig through all the threads in the forum Archives and make tutorials out of the good posts. I eventually will be deleting the forum archives.

I plan to start by writing a how-to guide on how to clean the evaporator first. I need to do that on my car so I can take photos as I go. I will be asking you guys opinion on the best way to do it.

Right now is Reatta driving season and Cub Cadet driving (mowing) season for me so........ don't expect me to get too much done too quick on the How-To guides right now. I usually save writing the tutorials for winter but we didn't have much of a winter here in Tennessee this year..

I have pinned this topic to the top of the forum for a while so it will be easy to find and it will remind me that I need to add more how-to guides to ROJ.

Keep posting what tutorial you guys think I should add and I will get to it when I can.