Windshield wiper fluid pump

tomsbuick

My windshield wiper fluid will not spray when I push the switch.  I already got a replacement pump 

but that may not be the problem. Any comments on how to troubleshoot? Thanks

:huh:

The line is probably clogged at the wiper. There should be a connector along the washer hose from the wiper blades back. When you find it take the hose off off the connector and blow towards the wiper and it should clear the line. If there is no connector just cut the line, blow the line clear and buy and install a barbed connector. It is low pressure so there is no need for hose clamps.

In all my years of Reatta ownership [Roadmaster ownership as well] I have never had to replace the pump.

My windshield wiper fluid will not spray when I push the switch.  I already got a replacement pump 

but that may not be the problem. Any comments on how to troubleshoot? Thanks

:huh:

I checked the small hoses going to the wipers  forced air through them, tank has fluid,  but still there is no washer spray. I want

to check the fuse for the pump. Would that be the same as the wiper motor? :arrow:

I downloaded 5 pages from my 88 service manual that relate to the windshield washer to include troubleshooting.  Send me a PM with you e-mail and I will pass them along if you think they might help.

I already got a replacement pump but that may not be the problem. Any comments on how to troubleshoot? Thanks

If you already have the pump why not go ahead and install it? You might save yourself the headaches of troubleshooting.