Codes

minus4p

I have 2 codes on screen, eo27 and eo34, plus the anti lock light is on. Any thoughts on where to start?

Are the e027 and e034 followed by a C or an H?

In regards to the amber ABS light it could be your front ABS sensor [could also be the rear leads but not likely]. You can read the codes for the ABS by jumping the "A" and "H" terminals and reading the codes through the service engine soon light. Count the flashes and report back.

Or you can put the front of the car up on stands, remove the tires and physically looking at the leads for fraying or delaminating. If they look good then unplug them in the engine compartment [the plug is a "squeeze" type plug meaning you sqeeze them on the flats and pull apart] and reading them with an OHM meter. If it reads between 800- 1400 ohms you are good.

I have 2 codes on screen, eo27 and eo34, plus the anti lock light is on. Any thoughts on where to start?

Welcome to the forum. Here is a list of the codes. The E027 isn't something to worry about. It indicates a switch inside the transmission isn't working properly. My car throws those codes sometimes. The switch doesn't control how the transmission shifts. There are switches for each gear that just tells the Engine Control Module (ECM) which gear the transmission is in so it can adjust spark and fuel mixture for best performance. The code E034 (Mass Air Flow sensor) can cause the engine to run poorly or stall. You should try cleaning it with MAF sensor cleaner. Then if the problem persists you might need to replace the MAF sensor. To clean it - remove it by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place and spray the small coiled wires with the cleaner. Don't touch the wires. Be sure the o-ring is properly in place when you reinstall.

maf_cleaning-1.jpg.3fbc651cdfc11d0748eda7ece7af4833.jpg

maf_cleaning-2.jpg.53f57c5ec77b80ddf5d5c46d3823a09f.jpg

maf_cleaning-4.jpg.34ae0c725f9a04338408f4e52beaad5c.jpg

Thanks for the info, sorry it took so long to get back! Life kinda jumped in front of the Reatta! Cleaning the sensor seemed to work, I'll let you know when I get more miles on it. Thanks again.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know it worked. Happy Motoring! :)