not a good day

venture1

no Icp or crt looked at every thing i can think of. replaced inverters still no light . crt works .can guess buttons and they work .does anyone have any ideas? please!

Look at the slide switch on the Headlight switch. Move it to the right.

slide switch is working, turns the lights on the switches up and down , just no dash or screen lights

if the controller for the crt was bad i could not get the heater and radio to work by pressing around on the screen,, dont know what to buy to fix it

checked the volts on all the wires going to the icp and with key on and park lights on there was only 7.5 volts on one wire. have no manual but i think there should be a few more volts.

• 3 weeks later...

just had the crt rebuilt 250$ got a used ipc 150$ still will not light up got two inverters from jim 30$  --- about to pull my hair out -- think it mite be the crtc but dont know where to get one-- has anyone got any thought about what i should do?  sure would be thankfull

Try Jim Finn he would have one.

Here's a thought I have always had; That unless your car has been really hacked up by a previous owner it is always an end component, That philosophy has always worked well for me in regards to repairs. 

Fromk what I remember about what you have done;

Checked the fuse and replaced it

Rebuilt CRT

Replaced IPC

Replaced Inverters 

All that really is left is the CRTC controller.

However when you contact Jim you may want to get his opinion. He has owned multiple Reattas over the years and has sold parts just about as long. He would certainly know.

Make sure you get a 1988 CRTC. While the 89 version is plug and play usable in an 88, the firmware code is different between the two years. I've not yet found whether there is some functional difference, but something changed as GM issued different 4 letter codes to ID the firmware for each of the two years. I suspect, at a minimum, that the fuel economy calculation may be tweaked in the 89 version as the 88's received a late revision ECM PROM to address the accuracy of the fuel economy readout.

thank you all, i sent jim a note to ask him what he thought and if he had a crtc