Stopped a 90 VERT

89 MAUI

I was on my way back to my office and my eyes got fixed onto a '90 black convertible, top was down and I waited for a stop light to turn red so I could meet him.  That stop light came up and I was able to pull off the side of the road and pull up next to him.  He looked up and I said I owned an '89 and could we talk.  He agreed so we pulled into a parking lot and we passed info back and forth for 45 minutes.  He owned his '90 since 94 and rarely takes it out of the garage except on beautiful days.  When he purchased his '90 from the original owner it came with Buick wire wheels and it really looked nice.  He also has the original Reatta wheels.

He has no intent on selling it but will probably give it to his grandson.

We then clicked with each other when I got a call on my personal flip cell phone and he one to match it.

I asked him how his TEVES brakes were operating and he said he had a BMW mech that will work on his Reatta.  I immediately asked him if he visited "ROJ.com" and he said NO.  I then told him that his BMW mech will need to get into the tutorials for repair info and he was very pleased to hear where to go for repair info.

I wasn't going to miss the opportunity of meeting him.   I think we will be meeting again.

Woody

Woody, it was great that you could get to meet another Reatta owner in your area. I hope you get to be good friends. Maybe you could persuade him to join the ROJ forum.

My experience with meeting a Reatta owner near me didn't go so good. I was driving my Reatta and came up behind him. He turned into a place of business and I followed him into the parking lot thinking we could strike up a conversation. I introduced myself and told him that he had a nice Reatta. He looked at me like I was a stalker, said thanks, and walked into the business. I've never seen him again.