Good technical information worth reading

Ronnie

I stumbled across this webpage while searching for information on Reatta transmissions.  GMTuners Technical Articles

There is a lot of technical information there that applies to our Reattas.  Gearheads will enjoy it and find it useful.

All Reatta owners should read this section. It gives you insight into the computer that makes your engine run. ECM Modes of Operation

Good information. Ryan has been super helpful to me over the years, and is very knowledgeable. Even though he specializes in Fiero's he does work for lots of GM vehicles. I met him and his wife at Bowling Green several years where he was racing a Fiero with a Series II 3800 that he turbocharged.

I wish I had the knowledge that Ryan does of the engines, ECMs and transmissions in our cars. He must have spent a lot of time studying them.

10-4 on that. So do I. He is the one that did my first turbo chips and helped me recently with understanding the basic programming so I could experiment on my own. I only know enough to get in trouble.

By the way, the fan speed modification on the other forum  can be solved by changing the program in the chip as well. I know that wouldn't be the plug in solution, but easily done without codes.