Front seats

48Rubles

I have looked everywhere, how do you fold down the front seats of 89 reatta? In order to get into back to clean. Thank you

White 1989 Reatta

In order to clean a stain in the rear carpet just behind the seats I simply use the switch to run the seat all the way forward. 

Mine is an 88 so it may differ but I am able to tip the seat back forward.  There is no latching mechanism on mine.

I also have and '88 and the back of the seat just tilts forward when the car is sitting still. If I remember correctly it should lock in place when you hit the brakes while moving... kinda like a seat belt does. If yours won't tilt forward maybe that mechanism is stuck in the locked position.

There is also a handle on the outside of the seat that will adjust how much the seat back is reclined in relation to the seat bottom. If it hasn't been used much it will probably be hard to get it to work properly. At least on my car it was.

If you have the standard 6 way seats, there is a recline lever on the outboard side of the seat. Pull it up and set the seatback forward. On the 16 way optional seats, there is small switch lever on the outboard side of the seat to control the power operated recline function. Press it forward to move the seatback towards the from of the car.