Door Fasteners 1990

moosefuel

In working on restoring my 1990 convertible, I noticed that the doors are "loose." I managed to pry it open gently at the bottom and remove one of the long, plastic fastening "nails." I also noticed that a couple are missing, probably from the last owner mucking around with the doors, or from the bottom of the door rubbing on the trim plastic when it opens (it needs to be adjusted a bit). Where can I find these plastic fasteners, or is there a good alternative that will be more robust? These ones seem worn out enough that they don't hold the panel on very well anymore.

IMG_4024.jpeg

I was able to purchase them at my local Lowes store. There is an assortment of them in drawers in the hardware section.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 8:07 AM, Ronnie said:

I was able to purchase them at my local Lowes store. There is an assortment of them in drawers in the hardware section.

When was that? I visited one today and they don't have those type.

Here’s a picture of the part number you need can’t remember where I got the part but I believe they’re still out there. Good luck 

IMG_0237.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moosefuel said:

When was that? I visited one today and they don't have those type.

It's been several years ago. I guess they have been discontinued. 

• Like 1

Moosefuel, 

I have a load of these (a 1 gallon bucket full, mostly used, but in good condition). Feel free to drop me a message here if you'd like, and we can work something out. 

They’re also available on Amazon just type in the part number I pictured and they come up. I think it’s a pkg of 50 or less for like 18 or 19 bucks.

Holy cow, that eBay listing wants $15 per piece on an individual basis. The Amazon 50 pack is a hell of a deal by comparison. Now  whether or not they are as strong as OEM is the question, since all those listed there are aftermarket. 

• Agree 1