New cone filter

ianhm

I have acquired this Reatta back in September of 2023 and have been steadily working on it. Got it with 224000 miles and it’s up to 231000 now. Just replace all my burnt out bulbs in the front and back. I just did some vacuumed lines, and the nipple off the cruise control Modular’s is broken. The headlights don’t shine to far ahead of me as if they’re just slightly drooping and only come up fully at 60mph, as the wind catches it.  Just rebuffed all the paint. So it’s looking bueno. The trim on the side door is broken off and the metal part of the trim was hanging off. I had temporarily secured it. End goal is I’d love to put a super or turbo on it without changing any of the ecu or that. I’d love to keep the screen as I have an 89. So if there’s any suggestions let me know, and sorry if this a terrible sentence as I’m using text to speech. And to ronnie you’re now a well known name amongst my friends and I as we look through all the old posts from the aaca forums from 03-09 and the post here. They’ve all been amazing sources. 
-ian

23yrs

daytona Florida 

4E96F96F-D301-48C1-A992-B19D6A091526.jpeg

30B1059C-F1C2-45B1-865D-DD372DA9B278.jpeg

• Like 2

Lots of information within the forum archives and the How To guides at the top of the page. Sorta curious why the air intake hose is still under the hood with the air box removed? Getting that filter as far from the engine and as close to the factory air inlet under the relay center would be helpful.

16 hours ago, 2seater said:

Lots of information within the forum archives and the How To guides at the top of the page. Sorta curious why the air intake hose is still under the hood with the air box removed? Getting that filter as far from the engine and as close to the factory air inlet under the relay center would be helpful.

So the air filter box being 30+ years old basically shattered in the engine bay and it was Easter Sunday. So options were a little limited and I didn’t know what I was gonna go with. So I’ll probably add another extension to the intake there. the old hose there was an attempt to roundly some cooler air to the filter.

looking back at it now I wanted to mount the filter to the original rubber part that went to the box. But the connection was iffy and I didn’t want it moving as I hit any bumps. I’ll update on some extensions later today 

2 hours ago, ianhm said:

So the air filter box being 30+ years old basically shattered in the engine bay and it was Easter Sunday. So options were a little limited and I didn’t know what I was gonna go with. So I’ll probably add another extension to the intake there. the old hose there was an attempt to roundly some cooler air to the filter.

looking back at it now I wanted to mount the filter to the original rubber part that went to the box. But the connection was iffy and I didn’t want it moving as I hit any bumps. I’ll update on some extensions later today 

Ahh, I see. Certainly better to have a warm air filter than no filter👍 It looks like you have some projects ahead of you. Keep us posted.

2 hours ago, ianhm said:

Below is how I did the one I had on my Reatta for a while. It pulls some cold air from the original bottom half of the air filter box. The brace over the top of it holds it in place. You really need to modify the chrome extension so you can install the intake air temperature sensor. (blue arrow) I don't see it in your  photos above.

cone filter-2.jpg