LED Turn SIgnals

rpetry

Just a curious question and forgive me if this is covered someplace.  I am tempted to change all my parking, turn and brake light bulbs to LED.  Has anyone done this and does it make the turn signals blink to fast?

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I can't answer your question. Maybe someone will be along soon who can.

• Thanks 1

I only replaced my headlights with LED's, not turn signals.  Sorry, I can't help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

No unfortunately I was considering as well but just wanted to go with halogen and I still couldn’t actually get the light house ig out even with the guide but I got them and just did the headlights. I’ll let you know because I may just soon

Edited by ianhm

The touchscreen cars use a turn signal module and I do not know how that reacts to the low amp draw of an led? The later models use a conventional can type flasher, and that can be an issue. I don't know if there is such a thing as an led replacement for the front turn signal which uses a high output halogen lamp, much like the fog lights, which is inside an amber globe inside the housing. It operates on dual voltage, but single filament: reduced for clearance/park light and high for turn signal.