Can’t get front control arm installed please help

Reattaowner97

My control arm reaction rod broke, so I got a used control arm and new bushings, problem is when I put the new bushings on it pushes the control arm back to far to get the mount to line up. It’s sticking 1-2 inches to far back. When I take the bushings off it goes right on with plenty of room. I can’t for life of me figure out what to do. Someone told me to take the rivet off so reaction rod can move then install it, and put a nut and bolt in place. Surely there’s a way to install it without doing that. Anyone that’s installed new control arms and strut rod/reaction rod bushings know what I should do to get it in? Thank you very much appreciate any help ahead of time

I recently change the rubber bushing on the reaction arm. When putting it back together I tighten the reaction. To bring into closer position I tighten and loosen sway bar link.

I picked up the loose control arm and pushed forward into the mounts. I tried pushing the bushing with a trolley jack from the bottom but it just picked up the entire front subframe instead.

note I did not have strut assembly in place nor the brake caliper and rotor.