1988 Right Read Camber Adjustment

TripleC321

Have had issues with the alignment in my 1988. The right rear camber is off a good bit. 

initially thought it was due to the struts being bad since the rear strut helps hold the structure and angle of the rear wheels. 

had all 4 struts and accompanying bushings replaced, but the right rear camber is still off. As you all know, there’s no camber adjustment on the rear. 

any suggestions on how to get proper alignment without a camber adjustment ?

If the ride height is correct on both sides, then the angled shims at the hub mount should be able to get you within spec. If the ride height is lower on one side, it would likely need a spacer under the end of the transverse spring on the low side. Which way is the camber off? Too much negative??

When looking at the rear of the car, the right rear tire is leaning left or “inside”. I forget which measurement that is 

7 hours ago, TripleC321 said:

When looking at the rear of the car, the right rear tire is leaning left or “inside”. I forget which measurement that is 

If the top is leaning inwards, that is negative camber.

Ride height is the same in both sides. So some shims should remove the negative camber?

These are the shims I have in my parts drawer. I have had them for a long time but they represent the type of thing that is/was available, by various manufacturers. I think I used one or two under the Moog brand name a couple of decades ago🤔 They can be used to increase or decrease camber. 

IMG_0613.jpeg

• Like 1