Climate control blend door loud

Gregoryb

On my 88 I have a noisy climate blend door when I start it or use heat ac it works but noisy is there a way to lube it??? Location?

I can't imagine the blend door making a noise. It should be driven smoothly by an electric motor. It is located behind the glove box.

There is another door behind the dash that is operated by vacuum. I believe it's call a diverter door. If that door sticks it could make a noise when it pops open. If that door is the problem the arm that attaches it to the vacuum pot is prone to breaking. I would check the blend door first. If you discover the other door is making the noise you might want to disconnect the vacuum line going to the climate control unit until you can figure out what's on. Replacing a broken arm on that door is a really hard job.

Once you remove the glovebox you will see this.

programmer blend door illistration.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is the arm on the door that is hard to replace if it breaks.

vent_control_arm.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It sounds like a moaning sound from in back of the crt

2 hours ago, Gregoryb said:

It sounds like a moaning sound from in back of the crt

As I said before, check the blend door behind the glovebox first. Then read about the other door in the link below. That door is basically behind and above the CRT. Start reading the thread from the top. It will explain everything.

Climate control - Buick Reatta - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Do your air outlets switch around as they should; defrost, floor, dash vents etc..?  There is the selector for air up and down in that area as well as the outside air door. Do you suppose something is now stuck in one of those? Mouse nest maybe?

• Like 1

Every thing works as it should