Wiring for Instrument cluster ?

Youngowner21

So I’m trying to figure out if I can rewire the instrument panel for a new panel. Mine won’t turn on and I think the solar cell went bad but I’m having a hell of a time trying to take the plastic off to see it. I’m wondering if I could just bypass the solar cell to a switch or just not have it at all.

So I took the cover off from under the steering wheel and found the two female pin connectors for the ipc. I haven’t found in the manual where the solar cell contacts this line cause I’m assuming that comes before the pin connector's. Anyone know what section of the manual I should take a look?

IMG_2503.jpeg

Please describe your problem with the instrument panel, and include a picture of whats not working, it will help us troubleshoot your instrument panel easier. Also, try this page, it may answer some of your questions :)

Reatta Owners Journal - Instrument Panel & CRT

Edited by rogold

If you mean the photocell that measures daylight, that's on top of the dashboard. It doesn't blank out the IPC completely, just dims it. 

On 1/2/2024 at 3:22 PM, Youngowner21 said:

I haven’t found in the manual where the solar cell contacts this line cause I’m assuming that comes before the pin connector's.

I don't think you are going to find a wire in the IPC connector that comes from the photocell. The wire from the photocell goes to the BCM. The BCM controls the brightness of the IPC and CRT based on inputs it gets from the photocell and the dimmer slider on the headlight switch. 

You haven't mentioned the CRT. If the CRT is working properly the photocell isn't likely to be your problem. 

• Agree 1

Yeah you’re right my crt is indeed working, so could it be the actual ipc. I mean it does have some burn marks inside the glass but I just thought they were from soldering .

Odds are good that your IPC is bad.

Check these pins:

LTE B+

RTG gnd

RTH 7V

RBA B+

RBB B+

RBC gnd

RTD gnd

All tests to be performed with ignition in Run

Edited by Anthony
Duplicate