91 Convertible Air Mix Valve not moving

Ohjai

Not getting any heat in my 91, took out glove box and found air mix valve not moving.  Checked Section C of manual and unable to find out how to trouble shoot it.  I did find how to adjust the valve, but the control arm is not moving when I change temperatures.

Jim

Programmer MOTOR, A/C Electric Temperature and Motor Control -15-71882 /16144370 | eBay

The original part number for the blend door motor is 16050729, superseded by 16144370. The add above is eBay, $85. Also on Amazon is the GM part for almost double the money. 

A relatively recent thread about the same subject.Reatta no heat - Reatta Owners Journal Forum - Reatta Owners Journal Forums

• Like 1

I did a search on the air mix valve and did not get any hits.  When a person does a search, it helps if he knows what he is searching for, and I am terrible when it comes to calling something the same thing twice.  Short term memory is a problem.

10 hours ago, Ohjai said:

I did a search on the air mix valve and did not get any hits.  When a person does a search, it helps if he knows what he is searching for, and I am terrible when it comes to calling something the same thing twice.  Short term memory is a problem.

Yep, that is one of the weaknesses of searches on most forums. If you don't know what the key word is, or how the original post was phrased, it becomes a frustrating exercise. I had to cheat myself and search for my attachments to find one of the relevant threads😎

Incidentally, that part has increased in price quite a bit and you might do better to find a used climate controller since it must be removed to repair in any case. Jim Finn is a good source for tested used parts. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1