1988 rear struts

Gregoryb

Now bare with me if there is something on this topic already that I could not find.

is there any alternatives to buying the rear struts for $500?

these little cars are expensive šŸ˜³

I donā€™t know how to add a link to the post but I know someone can; thereā€™s a thread thatā€™s about 33 pages long called ā€œOptions for replacing rear struts neededā€. Itā€™s worth reading all the way through, but in around the last 10 pages or so some options are posted.

In that thread, Alchemist shows how you can easily modify rear struts from a 90 regal. I have a 91, but I think the rear struts are the same on all years.

• Agree 1

That is a front strut cartridge. As mentioned above, there was a ton of research done on this forum to find viable options for the rear struts. Read through the thread and hopefully your questions will be answered

Ā 

Options for replacing rear struts needed. - Reatta Owners Journal Forum - Reatta Owners Journal Forums

Ā 

I have an odd pair. One Reatta strut, one Riv strut [air strut, but instructions enclosed for stripping the bladder enclosed. $175.00 for the pair plus freight. PM me if interested.