Teves brake system

Bobsred88

Good used is the only source that I know of, ie, salvage yard or eBay. There is no replacement motor made that I am aware of and my local motor rebuilding shop gave a me a thumbs down on opening it up for repair. It contains a seal on the shaft end that seals off the fluid inlet chamber to the pump. In other words, it is directly exposed to brake fluid, although not under any significant pressure.

East Coast Reatta has a New Old Stock one for sale at $899.00. I have a good used one with a good Pressure Switch and a weak Accumulator Ball. $250.00 plus freight. Email me if interested.

Ok, parts are obsolete, my pump motor is bad, looking at $228-300, then the accumulator $400 Ditch the tevers system 

17 minutes ago, Bobsred88 said:

Ok, parts are obsolete, my pump motor is bad, looking at $228-300, then the accumulator $400 Ditch the tevers system 

Sounds like a plan to me.

I bought a Reatta accumulator ball from Rock Auto for under $100.00. Also Ship is one of the guys not afraid to stock parts, so while his 1991 Reatta has the Bosch, the ABS sensor leads are even harder to come by as they are a one year part.

• Agree 2

The Teves system is generally very good, but there is no denying the parts availability is dwindling, or expensive. It does require flushing and service on a reasonable schedule but all brake systems are supposed to be as well. The Wabco STC2784 accumulator is more in the mid $200 range. That said, people have replaced the system with standard vacuum brakes and they seem to be content with that. Your money, your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1