My crt sometimes works

ianhm

You posted a link to your Google drive and it requires access to view it. Please describe the problem you are having.

So I have a Reatta and the screen was fine the day I got it until later in the day. It’s just shut off. The touch screen part still works but the crt isn’t projecting. So I came here to see what others have said. I saw the rap issue that some are having but all my rap features work and I see the button light up on radio when I turn the car off. It worked for about 10 sec yesterday and today first turnover of the engine. Then now will not come back on.

Does the instrument panel work as it should? If not, make sure the fog lights are off by pushing the button near the shifter, then try sliding the dimmer on the headlight switch to the right. Let us know if that makes a difference.

Yhea so I had to jump it. the dimmer switch was all the way to the right by the headlight. The radio is currently not on inning and when we jumped it the screen was working with a little noise (occasional line’s jumping) and it has been sitting since I got home. Just went to start it up screen was on for 3 sec then went right off

My CRT display always goes a little fuzzy when I have my old battery charger hooked up. I suspect there is a little ripple on the 12VDC output of the battery charger. 

So far today the screen has come on for 1 min then is off. Looks like previous owner may have done some self wiring but we’ll see 

Today the screen has randomly turned on and is working and staying on. I assume that when I turn the car off it will also probably not come back on today be let’s see