1989 Door Pull screw covers

Posti

Greetings!  I need three of the black push-on door pull screw covers for my 1989 Reatta coupe.

Jim usually responds quickly. His email address is reattas60@gmail.com. Be careful not to leave out the "s" in his email address.

I use Gorilla tape. I remove the cage from the handle and cut a longer strip to lay ove the top of the 3 sides [leaving one side open for the handle to go through. I then cut an "X" in the tape so I can run the screw in. Then before I put everything I put another short piece of Gorilla tape on the top edge of the cage to "fold over". After I get the handle screwed down I then fold the tape over to give me a finished look. A lot cheaper and to the casual eye it looks "normal".

The best part is that every time one goes in the door you can easily remove the tape and do it again with new pieces.

Low cost and no broke or lost pieces!

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Finn does not have any extras to sell. Anyone else?

Try the Gorilla tape method. It works so good that as I go into the door I take off the handle covers and put them in storage. I now have 5 or so.

They are not for sale...

I have some aluminum plates with a matte black finish I had made up a while ago in the shape of the original caps. They do not snap on, but need to held in place with a dab of THE or similar adhesive. The original retainer needs to be removed to install them so the sit flush. Can be removed and reused, and no chance of breakage as they are not plastic. Since the originals are so difficult to find, this was my solution for one of my 88's and had extras made at the time. If interested, let me know. A set of 4 would be $18 (including shipping).

Kevin