lights

bghere

Hi Y'all, been a while, went for sticker in Ma. nether front headlite would raise! and no back up lights, so I was was wondering if maybe fuse? dropping Monday to machanic. Any Ideas would be helpful. I do have the manual 1989. The guy that had the patients to find the problems has passed. So I'm trying to be recon.

Can you tell if the headlights are burning when you turn the switch on and the doors won't open? Knowing that would give a better idea of where to start looking.

• Agree 2

Hi Ron, hope all is well. when I turn on lights both come on, put stay closed, and they told me my back up lights don't come on. 

I would turn the lights on and by hand raise the headlights by turning the knob next to each headlight motor. Then turn the lights off and see if the headlights go in the closed position. It will either be the metal cranks that lift the lights or the headlight module that tells the motors to turn on and lift the lights. My money is on the cranks as I have yet to replace the module.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, bghere said:

Hi Ron, hope all is well. when I turn on lights both come on, put stay closed, and they told me my back up lights don't come on. 

Dave gave good advice on how to proceed. Let us know the results you get when doing what he said.

Ron, I know the light comes on, and I have opened them with the knob. My thought was to get a sticker, and then he told me I have NO backup lights, so it going in Monday, but the is a lifetime of Reatta knowledge here, and GOOD people. All was working before the electrical door problem! So I'm thinking for both, again something electrical, and it is this same mechanic that you folks help me direct him to the fix. So just trying to save some hours. 

The headlights and backup lights could be two separate problems.

Once you open the headlight doors manually with the knob, do the doors close back when you turn the headlight switch off?

The backup light are powered by fuse 5 according to the service manual. It appears that it also powers the ECM. If fuse 5 was bad I wouldn't think the engine would run. The only other thing I see that would prevent the backup lights from working if fuse 5 is good, is a bad transmission position switch, bad wiring, or bad bulbs.

They do not close when the lights are turned out. But I'll tell him to check, your suggestion. TKS Ron

• Like 1

Ron, Dave, the back up lights were both bulbs out! replaced and got a sticker! YEAH, BABY!

The front lights I will have to see why both will not open, I never drive at night, so I have another year, and my wife won't call it a black hole!! 

Thanks guys.

• Like 2