AC Leaks

Texas Pete

Hey Guys (and Galls!), After a while in the shed I am getting my '90/24k back on the road again. All is well except the AC. As its 100+ deg in my part of Tx at present I need it!

The compressor will not stay engaged, so I have shorted out the return pressure sensor. While doing that I noticed signs of the freon leak detector (yellow) dye around the base of the sensor. Does anyone know how it is sealed, and/or a PN for the seal? It is still running on R 12. I don't want to disturb it until I have parts and R 12 to fix it. Paying nearly $50 for a 4oz can!

I believe the low pressure cutout switch is sealed with an o-ring. It can be changed without losing freon. There is a Schrader valve under it the will keep the freon from escaping if you screw it off quickly. I don't know the part number for the o-ring. 

Thanks Ronnie! I also have a can of Proseal, which is supposed to stop any small leaks. I may throw that in first in the hope it fixes it.

I think the money would be better spent on a new low pressure cutout switch that probably comes with a new o-ring but the sealer might work.