Fender Panel Crack ???

Top Down

The other day I noticed what I thought was a scratch but rather turned out to be a "body panel crack."   I have not heard of this occurring and wonder if this is a harbinger of things to come as our Reattas age.................DSC07151.thumb.JPG.06f4791c6aa4596e37fa89964a4abc1a.JPGDSC07152.thumb.JPG.47c17ab13da227fc5518e9e453848373.JPG

• Sad 1

As a previous owner of Corvettes, I am well aware of cracks in fiberglass.   What is unusual here is that there is no bonding strip in the vicinity.   Furthermore, it is not in areas which are prone to stress crack such as corners.  Perhaps this is a fluke and not seen in many other Reatta, but I thought it was worth mentioning and finding out if others have this problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To my surprise, my post did not receive any other Reatta owner responses who have body panel cracks in their cars.  Am I to surmise that my fender crack is a "one off" and all is well with respect to the quality of Reatta fiberglass body panels...?

I've heard of this happening before, but not being a body man I have nothing to add about repairing it. If it were me I would contact Jim Finn for a new fender instead of trying to repair it. If you get a red one there is a chance it might match without having to paint it.

• Agree 1

There are VERY FEW Reatta's in my neck of the woods, so I've never come across one with a front clip fiberglass crack.

HATS  OFF to Ronnie !!!   Your recollection of past blogs and info is 2nd to none.   The above link on the fender crack subject was spot on, and it would have been a pity if it had got lost in the archives of time..........

• Thanks 1